Located in the continent of Asia, Afghanistan covers 652,230 square kilometers of land, 

making it the 41st largest nation in terms of land area.

Afghanistan became an independent state in 1919, after gaining its sovereignty from The United Kingdom. 

The population of Afghanistan is 30,419,928 (2012) and the nation has a density of 47 people per square kilometer.

The currency of Afghanistan is the Afghani (AFN). As well, the people of Afghanistan are refered to as Afghan.

The dialing code for the country is 93 and the top level internet domain for Afghan sites is .af.

Afghanistan shares land borders with 6 countries: Iran, Turkmenistan, China, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan.

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello to all,

Thanks for adding such very interesting topic about Afghanistan. As Afghanistan is located with south Asia and central Asia, Afghanistan bordered by Pakistan,  east Iran west Turkmenistan and Tajikistan and north,  The political history of the modern state of Afghanistan began with the Hotak and Durrani dynasties in the 18th century. In the late 19th century, Afghanistan has nice places and mountains.

Thanks student of Bibi Aisha H.S

hello this topic is very nice

Located in the continent of Asia, Afghanistan covers 652,230 square kilometers of land, making it the 41st largest nation in terms of land area.

Afghanistan became an independent state in 1919, after gaining its sovereignty from The United Kingdom. The population of Afghanistan is 30,419,928 (2012) and the nation has a density of 47 people per square kilometer.

The currency of Afghanistan is the Afghani (AFN). As well, the people of Afghanistan are refered to as Afghan.

The dialing code for the country is 93 and the top level internet domain for Afghan sites is .af.

Afghanistan shares land borders with 6 countries: Iran, Turkmenistan, China, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan.

To learn more, visit our detailed Afghanistan section.

Quick facts

Population               30,419,928

Density    46.6 / km2 ( 120.8 / mi2 )

Languages               Persian, Pushto

Independence Year 1919

Capital     Kabul (Kabul)

Currency  Afghani

GDP         20,841,951,232 (2014 data)

GDP per Capita       685 (2014 data)

Land Area                652,230 km2 (251,827 mi2)

Neighbouring Countries          Iran, Turkmenistan, China, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan

Minimum Longitude               60.480

Maximum Longitude               74.880

Mininum Latitude   29.380

Maximum Latitude 38.480

Kabul is the capital city of Afghanistan. It has a population of 3,043,532, and is located on a latitue of 34.53 and longitude of 69.17.

Kabul is also the political center of Afghanistan, which is considered a Republic, and home to its Executive head of state.

Thanks very much Aimal Khan Miaomar,

I really like the beautiful information you shared with us and I really love to know more about Afghanistan this country is my homeland and i loved it, i love it and i will be loving it

Best Regards,

Shahid Afghan

Hi Hello thanks for your good topic

Afghanistan officially the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, is a landlocked country located within South Asia and Central Asia. Afghanistan is bordered by Pakistan in the south and east; Iran in the west; Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Tajikistan in the north; and in the far northeast, China and the Pakistani-administered

By Lutfullah ferozee

RSS

© 2018   Created by GCE Afghanistan.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service